Curried Carrot Pancakes
RECIPE: CURRIED CARROT PANCAKES Serves 4-6 Ingredients
- 3 cups grated carrots
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Place carrots in cheesecloth, mesh fabric bag or use paper towels to squeeze out any excess water.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in large skillet on low-medium heat. Add green onions and curry powder and saute lightly for 2 minutes, then let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and coconut flour. Mix well. Stir in carrots and cooked green onions, combine well.
- Wipe pan clean and heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, pour mixture into pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Gently flip pancakes and cook for another 3-4 minutes on other side. Repeat with remaining mixture. Serve warm or cold.
The Beautiful Carrot Carrots are an amazing food for spring! With high doses of vitamin A and glutathione, they support your liver in detoxification. Plus, the vitamin A and beta-carotene are powerful antioxidants that help to keep skin looking younger and brighter!