Sweet Squash Succotash
For this post we present to you two recipes. Wonder how they taste? Stop by the Co-op for Food Day Wednesday, October 23, 2013 from 7:30pm-9pm where we will be making these two dishes for members to try.
1 kabocha squash, skin and all (pronounced kuh-boh-cha) 16 oz. can kidney or cannellini beans, strained and rinsed if not organic 1 cup of corn kernels (from fresh or frozen are fine)
- Thaw out the corn if frozen. You can move it to the fridge to thaw it out overnight or heat it up on the stove. It can be warm or room temperature.
- Quarter the squash and scoop out the seeds.
- Put it on a baking tray to bake at 400 degrees until tender, about 40-45 minutes.(This can be done ahead of time to whip up the dish quickly at a later date).
- Chop up the squash into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Throw the three ingredients together in a bowl and top with balsamic vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Perfect for salads, dressings, greens, dips, marinades, veggies and most other foods.
½ cup Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ to 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 to 2 tsps honey
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of Bragg Sprinkle (24 Herbs & Spices)
Mix thoroughly and apply!