Almond Butter Sandwiches (For all ages!)
The Education Committee has been cultivating a relationship with our neighbors over at the Fort Greene Council on Fulton Street, aiming to share information and good food with members of our Bed-Stuy community. We recently made a second visit to the center, and our apple sandwiches with almond butter were a hit with tasters of all ages! Here is the recipe.
Apple Cinnamon and Almond Butter Sandwiches
These make me feel like a kid again! What kid, or adult for that matter, could resist these mini satisfying beautiful snacks?? Not me! They are creamy, crunchy, sweet and sour all at the same time....nuff said. Here goes.
Prep time: 5 min
Yield: 5 serving
• 1 apple, preferably granny smith
• 10 tbl raw almond butter
• 4 tbl dark chocolate chips (pref 70% cacao or more)
1. Core apple and slice horizontally into about ten 1/4 inch slices.
2. Lightly sprinkle each apple slice with cinnamon on 1 side.
3. Spread 2 tbl of almond butter onto half of slices on the same side as cinnamon.
4. Evenly distribute chocolate tips on top of the almond butter halves.
5. Cover each with the remaining apple rings to make 5 sandwiches.