Buying Club Recipes 9/21
Spicy Squash Soup Easy and delicious with any creamy winter squash- butternut, kabocha, hubbard, pumpkin, etc.
- 1 winter squash, halved, seeded, and baked at 375 for 45 minutes or until tender and cooked through- to make 2 1/2 c (approximately) of squash
- 1-2 jalapenos chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Juice from 1 lime
- Possible Garnishes: sour cream, yogurt, cilantro, parsley, more jalapeno, baked squash chunks
Saute onions and jalapeno until onions are translucent. Meanwhile, scoop out baked squash flesh and mash or puree. Add to pot with vegetable stock. Stir, bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes. Just before serving, add maple syrup and lime juice. Add desired garnishes and enjoy!
Pesto Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash makes a sweeter, more vitamin filled, pasta. Ridiculously simple and a great way to enjoy the last of the season's tomatoes and pesto. Can be served hot, cold, or room temperature.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved, seeded, and baked at 375 for 30 minutes or until strands are tender and release from skin easily
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, or 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4-1/2 c pesto
- parmesan cheese to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss together all ingredients.