Description: The Co-op is looking for Store Managers to support store operations, member training & education. Depending on individual availability, this would range from 1 to 2 days per week or on call coverage.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Train & support members in general operations of the store &/or perform the following tasks in case of short staffing:
- Cashier/Cash Handle
- Welcome/explain the coop to prospective members & sign up trial & new members
- Manage labor coverage by monitoring Shift Planning, Shift Trade Group & Shift Coverage Sheet
- Ensure compliance with health codes & other applicable laws
- Update item prices/profiles in Revel Point of Sale System & on shopping floor
- Submit claims & returns to vendors
- Communicate with buyers re: special orders, new items, & other inventory issues
- Communicate with Membership, Outreach, Finance & other committees as needed
- Work together with other staff to improve & build store systems
- Communicate through Store Log to ensure consistency/follow through on issues
- Promote a climate of coordination & empowerment in alignment with Greene Hill’s Mission (including the cooperative principles).
- Actively maintain knowledge of products, membership, & current events in order to answer member questions.
- Identify & develop member leadership to match skills with store needs
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Strong communication & organizational skills, the ability to teach procedures, delegate tasks, and give, receive and incorporate feedback. Capacity for physical labor is expected, e.g. lifting boxes of up to 40 pounds
- Experience working in cooperatives, food, education &/or community organizing preferred; working knowledge &/or desire to learn more of the working food cooperative business structure, principles & values expected.
- Availability during the following times strongly preferred: Weekdays 2:30-9:30pm; Saturdays/Sundays 9:15am-6:30pm.
- Compensation $15/hr.
The Store Manager position reports to the Store Managers. Store managers sign up for available shifts on the Shift Coverage Sheet. After a 6 month provisional period of regular shifts in store, store managers who are interested in becoming store coordinators may apply for that role or to continue in the manager role.
To Apply Please send a resume and a short explanation of your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Store Manager Application.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.