Job: Store Coordinators Needed
Coop Job Opening: Store Coordinators Description:
The Coop is looking for additional Store Coordinators to support store operations, member training & education. The positions are for a 3 month contract
March, April & May with the possibility of extension. Depending on individual availability, this would range from 1 to 2 days per week or oncall coverage(during sickness/vacation time for other Coordinators).
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support & train members on general operations of the store &/or perform the following tasks in case of short staffing:
- Welcome/explain the coop to prospective members & sign up trial or new members
- Ensure compliance with health codes/other applicable laws
- Update item prices/profiles, receive inventory in Revel Point of Sale System
- Manage labor coverage by monitoring Shift Planning, shift trade group & shift coverage sheet
- Communicate with buyers re: special orders, new items, & other inventory issues
- Communicate with Membership, Outreach, & Finance committees as needed
- Promote a climate of cooperation, coordination, & empowerment
- Work together with other coordinators to improve & build store systems
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Candidates must be member-owners of the Greene Hill Food Coop (in good standing)
- Strong communication & organizational skills, the ability to teach procedures, delegate tasks, and give, receive and incorporate feedback.
- Capacity for physical labor is expected, e.g. lifting boxes of up to 40 pounds
- Experience working in cooperatives, food, education &/or community organizing preferred; working knowledge &/or desire to learn more of the working food cooperative business structure, principles & values expected.
- Availability during the following times strongly preferred: Weekdays & especially Fridays 2:309:30pm; Saturdays/Sundays 9:45am6:30pm. Availability to be discussed further.
- Compensation $15/hr.
To Apply Please send a resume and a short explanation of your interest in the position to Meghan with the subject "Store Coordinator Application."
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.