BOD 4.27.16 Meeting Notes
Board of Directors ~ April. Mtg Wed., April 27, 7.30 - 9.30 pm
The Co-op: 18 Putnam Ave, Brooklyn
Note-taker: Nathan Albert (supposed to be Christina)
Directors Present: Lauryl, Keith, Jeannie
Directors Absent: Christina, Renee
Others in attendance: Nathan Albert, Kate Meizner, Matthew Talmage, DK Holland
Approve Minutes (1 min.) from previous GM (please read beforehand on the Website)
Consent Agenda (2 min)
A collective vote on decisions that have already been made or that don’t generally require/solicit discussion. Attendees can pull out any item they would like more discussion on, and this item will be moved to discussion at the end of the meeting. Information on all consent agenda item votes will be circulated in advance of the meeting.
Finance and Membership Reports - pls include comparison from previous month (5 min)
|$1,009,383.03||SALES TO DATE||258.6111111||shoppers||$45.22||average per week|
April’s weekly sales avg is: $12,502.01, pretty consistent with March: $12,322.57 Our 2016 weekly sales avg is: $11,618.22, up from $9.5k/week in 2015 MARCH Active membership is: 342, up 10 from Feb!
Analysis: are we capping at $12,500 with our current membership? Still need MORE members or people shopping to reach $15k/week goal and/or members to spend $50/week
Coordinator check-in (Lauryl, 20 min )
- Store updates
- Hiring process update
- Access Discount program: Rough draft below, please review in advance & bring questions/suggestions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10nL8t9r2fBmQYVC_oEg3hEK-MApFRwT20IEPOIaCKmY/edit#
– Lauryl recommends hiring all 4 coordinator candidates. See if finance would be okay with 100% coverage, otherwise the coverage will be as needed. More info to come :)
Implement stronger double makeup policy or stronger enforcements when members miss their shift (Renee/All, 25 min )
- Suggestion: If you do not follow the shift swapping procedure and do not show up for your shift, you will be considered a “No Call, No Show” and receive a double make-up, which requires you to make up 2 shifts within the next 4 weeks (before your shift cycles back).
- Issue, how implement it, who tracks this?
- Suggestion: Notated on crib sheet if no show/no call by SL. Whomever adds crib sheet hours to SP, checks to see if that person attempted to find a replacement on the shift swap google group. IF none were made they owe 2 make ups.
- Question, Do we have manpower and technical infrastructure to do this? Would need IT to create some kind of “FLAGGING” situation.
- Other suggestions?
-Tabled discussion till later