BOD 2.24.16 Meeting Notes
Board of Directors ~ Feb. Mtg When: Wed., Feb. 24, 7.30 - 9.00pm Where: The Co-op: 18 Putnam Ave, Brooklyn
Facilitator: Keith Note-taker: Jeannie Timekeeper: Christina
Directors Present: Keith A., Jeannie H., Christina L. Directors Absent: Renee B., Lauryl Others in attendance: Beverly Emmons
Consent Agenda (2 min)
- APPROVED - Last Meeting Minutes
Finance and Membership Reports - just numbers, no discussion (5 min)
|$906,119.41||SALES TO DATE||229.5||shoppers||$47.20||average per week|
- Feb weekly avg: $11,647.99; YTD weekly avg: $10,822.44 (up from $9.5k last month)
- 332 active members, up from 329 in Jan (326 in August so membership increase is paltry)
- CURRENT ANALYSIS: Current members are spending more per week (YAY!) but membership is not increasing...NEED TO DO MORE MEMBERSHIP RECRUITMENT to meet $15k/week goal
Discuss new Board roles (All, 15 min)
- Board Roles
- Keith & Renee- Secretary & Project Manager duties shared
- Jeannie - Merch Liasion
- Christina - MOM Liasion
- Christina & Jeannie - Finance Liasion
Vote Officers (10 min).
- President - Keith
- Treasurer - Jeannie
- Secretary - Christina
Streamlining membership store labor and additional hours proposal (Lauryl, 10 min).
- New shift hours / sign up sheet posted on the door of the coop
- Part-Time Store Coordinator job has been posted in the store and will be posted on website. 2-3 people have expressed interest.
- Interview Process
- Meghan (HR) & Lauryl will review and conduct interviews for part-time store coordinator job
- Select candidates will be reported to the Board by Meghan & Lauryl
- Lauryl & Meghan will make final decision
Revamp Trial Membership (Chad, 10 min )
- Chad input Trial Membership info into CIVI
- Paper pass has been replaced with Key Fob
Welcoming Committee (10 min)
- “Welcoming To All” message will be instilled through the following:
- Orientation will have a welcoming message to all
- Outreaching to members who have left due to feeling unwelcomed
- Marketing to all members about a new outlook of the coop by creating a relaunch campaign for coop
- Newsletter will have an article on “Say Yes First”
- Christina will be implementing all points listed above for this program
Good Neighbor (Beverly Emmons) email@example.com
- Beverly came to the coop to represent the Good Neighbors.
- Good Neighbors is a volunteer program to help senior citizens over 65
- Proposal: Good Neighbor members to shop at the Greene Hill Food Coop
- Plan for Good Neighbor members:
- Good Neighbors will be transported via NYPD van program to the Greene Hill Food Coop every Wednesday at 3PM
- Good Neighbor members will either start out with a 2 month free trial membership or Apple plan
- Plan to implement:
- Will start with the Willoughby Senior Center located at the Whitman Housing
- Beverly & Keith will visit the center tomorrow (2/25) at 12:30PM to talk about the above plan
- Sign up sheet & brochures has been given to Beverly
- Keith will be the main contact for Beverly
Review and approve votes (notetaker, 3 min)
*Note: Minute/note-takers - please see link for secretary responsibilities
Pls don’t forget to SHARE this doc with completed notes with the Board after mtg
Bike Rack (extra topics discussed)
- Write-in for the board - need to consult Mira for more information / will add to next board meeting agenda
- Church Parking Lot - Keith will go to the church to see if the coop can work out a partnership for coop members to use their parking lot
- Mail Chimp
- DK has written an email request to upgrade to Mail Chimp
- Mail Chimp facts
- $65 a month
- will allow us a lot more flexibility
- great new format
- Board has agreed the following:
- Monthly expense would go under Marketing Committee’s budget
- Currently we believe that finance has not budgeted this much for Marketing. Will need to look back at emails.
- If Marketing feels that more money is needed for Mail Chimp then Sara Cornish will need to create a proposal to both Finance and the Board for approval.
Move to April Board mtg:
- Implement stronger double makeup policy or stronger enforcements when members miss their shift (All, 25 min )
- Suggestion: If you do not follow the shift swapping procedure and do not show up for your shift, you will be considered a “No Call, No Show” and receive a double make-up, which requires you to make up 2 shifts within the next 4 weeks (before your shift cycles back).
- Issue, how implement it, who tracks this?
- Suggestion: Notated on crib sheet if no show/no call by SL. Whomever adds crib sheet hours to SP, checks to see if that person attempted to find a replacement on the shift swap google group. IF none were made they owe 2 make ups.
- Question, Do we have manpower and technical infrastructure to do this? Would need IT to create some kind of “FLAGGING” situation.
- Other suggestions?