GM Notes 11.18.15
General Meeting AGENDAWednesday, November. 18, 7.30 - 9.30pm The Co-op: 18 Putnam Ave, Brooklyn Facilitator: Emily & Meghan Minute-taker: Meghan Minute-takers - please see link to secretary responsibilities.
Directors in attendance: Jeannie, Renee, Keith
Any person attending may participate equally in discussions, but only Co-op members/owners may vote on any issues. Member/owners may receive work credit if they attend (allotted 3 times a year).
Next General Meeting is December 18, 7:30 at the store. Want to be a facilitator, secretary, timekeeper or to propose items for a future GM agenda? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome/Orientation 7:30-7:40 (10 min.) (Renée)
Welcome and introductions. Brief explanation of the purpose of the General Meeting. Questions welcomed!
Welcome Sara and Kristine! Renee gave a brief intro and welcome to the coop.
Consent Agenda: 7:40-7:45 (5 mins) (Facilitator)
A collective vote on decisions that have already been made or that don’t generally require/solicit discussion. Attendees can pull out any item they would like more discussion on, and this item will be moved to discussion at the end of the meeting. Information on all consent agenda item votes will be circulated in advance of the meeting.
- Ratify minutes from previous GM (please read beforehand on the Website)
- Anonymous approval of last month’s minutes
Finance and Membership Reports 7:45 - 7:55 (10 min) (Chad Donnick;Finance)
- Current number of working members
- Number of new members and deactivated in November:
- Active: 349
- Family Leave: 7
- General Leave: 278
- Deactivated: 782
- New Trial Members: 4 through 11/12
- Number of exiting members waiting for investment returns
- Monthly finance report -
Committee Reports & Projects 7:55 - 8:15 (25 mins)
- Governance (10 min) (???)
- Merchandising (10 min) (????)
- Merch meeting, Monday Nov. 23rd - talking about products in the store, product mix and reviewing buying guidelines: affordable, local and organic. How to choose between organic mayonnaise and traditional?! Reviewing previous guidelines and updating it, making sure merch team is aware of it.
- Merch and finance partnership keeping on par with the budget; tension between having food in the store and money in the bank; partnership with inventory and more informed buying from Revel and Susan; great job and efforts to merch working within financial constraints!
- Q: $300 allocation for increasing bulk: has that been used?
- A: Looking for a bulk-specific buyer to be able to do that as strategically as possible
- Q: is the plan to weed out things that aren’t selling?
- A: Yes, keeping track of what’s selling or not selling; i.e. sliced cheeses don’t sell, perhaps cut down to two varieties
People Operations Project (POP!) Proposal 8:15 - 8:45 (30 min) (Meghan Curran and Emily Soergel)
POP! will present the findings of our inquiry into GHFC governance and operations, and our proposed board/governance structure.
Recommended 5-board structure, quarterly GMs, monthly open board meetings - see presentation for more detail.
See presentation here - full summary proposal to be presented at December GM
Open Forum/Parking Lot 8:45 - 8:55 (10 mins) (Facilitator)
Review of items “parked” during meeting and space for discussion/comments on topics not on the main agenda. Items will require more time to discuss may be included as future agenda items.
Closing 8:55 - 9:00 (5 min) (Notetaker)
Board review/approval: Board reviews votes at the end of each GM
No votes, and no quorum