BOD Working Session 09.11.14
Board of Directors ~ Working Session
Thurs., Sept 11 – 7.30-9.30pm
The Co-op: 18 Putnam Ave, Brooklyn
Facilitator: Renée Bergan
Note-taker: Renée Bergan
Timekeeper: Keith Almon
Bring Printed Agendas: Nick Collins
Finance Report. Sean, 10 mins.
○ Cash has dipped, due to lo summer sales, probably about $18k. Spend $8k wk/for groceries. POS system on hold, can’t go with Revel. Suggested to Talk to PSFC re: who services scales and have them service our scales. IT suggests software consultancy.
ACTION ITEM: Sean will look into IT’s suggestion.
○ Inventory date: Change store inventory to from 8-8pm.
ACTION ITEM: Renee will tell newsletters re: hours and put event on calendar.
○ Need more sales.
ACTION ITEM: Keith will speak with store coordinators about ideas.
Update on Membership Equity Redemption Procedure. All, 15 min.
○ Have recruited 3 ppl to do job redemption. Board approved to redeem up to $750/month for Oct. Amount redeemed will be on month to month basis till we’re in good financial standing.
Update on new employee/hiring process. Hiring Committee, 10 min.
○ New Store Coordinators great, but lacking at seeing bigger picture (just cuz new).
ACTION ITEM: Keith will speak with them, have weekly sit down and will invite them to attend Board mtgs.
○ Need to put out call for HR folks to join HR committee before Jan.
○ Nov. Board WS mtg will re-evaluate positions and determine if they are good fit.
Update on Elections. 5 min
○ 3 three yr terms and 1 one year
○ 5 candidates: William Laviano, Allison, Jeannie, DK, Pablo
On Street Bike Corral. Nathan, 10 min.
○ Nathan will propose to FAB at Putnam triangle envision mtg re: putting bike corral in there.
○ Will also speak with Renee Collymore
Continuation of conversation re: stronger enforcement for missing shifts. Renee/All, 15 mins. (pls review this doc ahead of time)
ACTION ITEM: Board will review above doc and make comments by Sept 21st. Renee will meet with membership on 24th to move this forward.
PSFC relationship proposals: (1) PSFC members can shop at GHFC when doing their shifts only, or (2) offer PSFC members lower investment fee, or (3) another approach. Renee/Sean, 15 min.
○ Sean: proposes that workers can shop at store during receiving days/hrs, when store not open (Not clear to me if this includes PSFC workers but assume does.)
ACTION ITEM: Keith will speak with Store Coordinators and report back at GM if they feel they can handle it.
○ DK: recipricol shopping - member at one means can shop at both Co-ops
Update on logistics of GM and WS mtgs with newsletter timeline. DK/Renee 5 min.
○ Become agenda committee, first 20 min. open for members to contribute.
ACTION ITEM: WIll be voted on at next GM (DK)
When send out increased work requirement survey? Renee, 5 min.
Fall Celebration updates. Renee, 5 min
○ have pop up tent in store/have bbq (Keith)--YAY
○ requested that all Board members help out day of event for a little bit.
Create GM agenda. All, 5 min.
○ discussion on how to encourage members to shop more (20) min.ow share sales date in positive way with members; DK profile, I shop greenehill, quarterly newsletters to promote shopping; store coordinators have ideas (all)
○ elections Gov (20)
○ approve by law changs - Ask mindy if other person can present; Need new copy (5 min) Sean or Mindy
○ recruit folks for inventory (work with store coordinators) Sean 5 min
○ fall celebration 5 min- DK
○ Shop when you work discussion Sean/DK 10 min.
○ Agree that WS that we are now Agenda making committee DK 5 min.
○ Committee presentation
○ Introduce new coordinators; mention at GM bringing in there will be occassion when we’ll be hiring coordinators more than agreed hours, pay them more so folks (Keith)
***No committee presentation (was supposed to be finance but we know what is going on.)
Board Member participation. Renee/Nick, 10 min.
Bag order approval (waiting for financing to get better)