Meeting Agenda, June 19, 2012
Agenda The Greene Hill Food Co-op General Meeting Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 7:00PM-9:00PM 138 South Oxford Street (between Fulton St and Atlantic Ave)
Each attending Co-op member may participate equally in discussions, and contribute equally to the decision-making process.
NEW TO THE CO-OP? (15 minutes) 7:00PM-7:15PM
We will be holding a new members’ info session from 7:00-7:15 before the General Meeting. Have all your questions answered before we dive into the big topics at our General Meeting. Learn about the Co-op’s history, ask questions about our process and progress, and find out about our future plans.
INTRODUCTION (5 minutes) 7:15PM-7:20PM
- Meeting Orientation (1 min.) Welcome and explanation of what/who the Co-op is
- Review of previous meeting’s activities (2 min.) Approval of meeting minutes from previous meeting (please read beforehand online)
- Facilitator & Secretary Choice and/or Approval (1 min.) Facilitator will conduct meeting fairly and impartially, ensure that any meeting rules are followed, and will keep meeting to agenda. Secretary will take meeting minutes, act as timekeeper, and assist with meeting facilitation as needed. The minutes will later be available to all on the Website.
- Presentation of Main Agenda and pending agenda queue (1 min.) Main agenda is prepared by the Steering Committee, based on member submissions, and published to members in advance of meeting.
COMMITTEE REPORTS (15 minutes) 7:20-7:35PM
Committees will make brief reports with the aim of including members/potential members in our process. Classifieds: committees will describe specific tasks and ongoing projects that need member help and participation.
MAIN AGENDA (60 minutes) 7:35-8:35PM
- Work Shift Questions What do I do if I'm going to miss a shift during my summer vacation? Can I do a shift for my best friend as a birthday present? What if my shift is cancelled? All these answers and more. (Nick, 10 minutes)
- Report Back from Urban Food Systems Conference We were lucky to have a Greene Hill member, Sara, attend this exciting conference, sponsored by the Harvard sustainability research program and BioCities. We'll hear her update. (Sara, 10 minutes)
- Food Presentation: Scott Bridi from Brooklyn Cured Brooklyn Cured provides the co-op with delicious meats and sausages. We'll meet Scott and learn from his food demo. (Scott, 20 minutes)
- Co-op Endorsement Many wonderful organization and causes have approached The Co-op seeking our support and championing. To be fair to all who seek The Co-op's endorsement we need to create some guidelines around these requests. Should we only consider issues that come directly from our farmers or vendors? How about political causes? Should we offer space for literature? Or time on the General Meeting agenda? Will we make formal resolutions of support? Or simply listen and learn? (Giselle, 20 minutes)
OPEN FORUM (10 minutes) 8:40PM-8:50PM
Brief comments from any member of the meeting on topics not on the Main Agenda. Items that will require more time to discuss should be submitted as future agenda items.
CLOSING (5 minutes) 8:50PM-8:55PM
Next Meeting Arrangements (5 min.)
a. Time and location of next General Meeting
b. Propose items for next meeting’s agenda by submitting items to the Steering Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, contact Steering Committee to be a future facilitator and secretary.