Meeting Agenda, March 15, 2012
Each attending Co-op member may participate equally in discussions, and contribute equally to the decision-making process.
NEW TO THE CO-OP? (15 minutes) 7:00PM-7:15PM We will be holding a new members' info session from 7:00-7:15 before the General Meeting. Have all your questions answered before we dive into the big topics at our General Meeting. Learn about the Co-op's history, ask questions about our process and progress, and find out about our future plans.
INTRODUCTION (5 minutes) 7:15PM-7:20PM
- Meeting Orientation (1 min.) Welcome and explanation of what/who the Co-op is
- Review of previous meeting’s activities (2 min.) Approval of meeting minutes from previous meeting (please read beforehand online)
- Facilitator & Secretary Choice and/or Approval (1 min.) Facilitator will conduct meeting fairly and impartially, ensure that any meeting rules are followed, and will keep meeting to agenda. Secretary will take meeting minutes, act as timekeeper, and assist with meeting facilitation as needed. The minutes will later be available to all on the Website.
- Presentation of Main Agenda and pending agenda queue (1 min.) Main agenda is prepared by the Steering Committee, based on member submissions, and published to members in advance of meeting.
COMMITTEE REPORTS (15 minutes) 7:20-7:35PM
- Ways we plan to beautify the front and back of the store for spring The Co-op is growing and soon the area in front of our store will be too! (10 minutes)
- Beehives in our backyard, but do honeybees sting? Learn about the proposed plan to host honeybees (10 minutes)
- The work requirement grace period is ending [Nick] Q & A about what this means to members (15 minutes)
- Vision exercise for the space What's the best way to fit all our dreams for our store into our space? Come share your ideas so we can make a plan for the design and build committee to execute. [Pablo] (20 minutes)
- Committee Fair The large group will break out into committees. Committees will explain what they are working on and what they've accomplished so far. It's also a great opportunity to learn where your skills are most needed. [all] (10 minutes)