Greene Hill Store Coordinator: Job Description
The Co-op is looking for additional Store Coordinators to support store operations, member training, and education. The Store Coordinator position is a combination of retail grocery management and community organizing. During their first six months, new hires will be Store-Coordinators-In-Training. Depending on individual availability, this position ranges from 8-20 hours per week at $18/hour.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Train & support members in general operations of the store &/or perform the following tasks in case of being short-staffed:
- Cashier/Cash Handle/Bank Deposits
- Welcome/explain the Co-op to prospective members & sign up trial & new members
- Manage labor coverage by monitoring Shift Planning, Shift Trade Group & Shift Coverage Sheet, posting notices in store highlighting most needed weekly coverage & following up with members via phone & email
- Ensure compliance with health codes & other applicable laws
- Update item prices/profiles in Revel Point of Sale System & on shopping floor
- Submit claims & returns to vendors
- Communicate with buyers re: special orders, new items, & other inventory issues
- Communicate with Membership, Outreach, Finance & other committees as needed
- Participate in monthly Coordinator Meetings & work together with other coordinators to improve & build store systems
- Communicate through Coordinator Store Log to ensure consistency/follow through on issues
- Promote a climate of coordination & empowerment in alignment with Greene Hill’s Mission(including the cooperative principles ).
- Actively maintain knowledge of products, membership, & current events in order to answer member questions.
- Identify & develop member leadership to match skills with store needs
Each Store Coordinator reports to the Coordinator group as a whole. Staff will collectively evaluate & determine this position’s priorities & conduct mutual evaluations. The Coordinator group will provide a monthly update to the Board of Directors meeting. There is currently one voting ex officio position on the Board for Store Coordinator & the staff person in this role consults with Coordinators as a whole before votes.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Strong communication & organizational skills, the ability to teach procedures, delegate tasks, and give, receive and incorporate feedback.
- Capacity for regular sustained physical labor is expected, e.g. lifting boxes of up to 60 pounds, lifting & lowering a steel security gate, standing for up to 7 hours at a time.
- Experience working in cooperatives, food, education &/or community organizing preferred; working knowledge &/or desire to learn more of the working food cooperative business structure, principles & values expected.
- Availability during the following times strongly preferred: Weekdays 2:30 -9:30pm; Fridays 8am-1pm; Saturdays/Sundays 9:15am- 6:30pm.
Please send a resume and a short letter of your interest in the position to [email protected] with the subject “Store Coordinator Application.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled.