General Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, February 22, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
The Co-op: 18 Putnam Ave, Brooklyn
Note-takers – please see link to secretary responsibilities.
Others in attendance:
Any person attending may participate equally in discussions, but only Co-op members/owners may vote on any issues. Member/owners may receive work credit if they attend (allotted 1 time a year).
Next General Meeting is March 22, 2017 at the store. Want to be a facilitator, secretary, timekeeper or to propose items for a future GM agenda. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (work credit always allotted)
Welcome/Orientation 7:00-7:05 (5 min)
Welcome and introductions. Brief explanation of the purpose of the Board Meeting. Questions welcomed!
Consent Agenda 7:05-7:20 (15 min)
A collective vote on decisions that have already been made or that don’t generally require/solicit discussion. Attendees can pull out any item they would like more discussion on, and this item will be moved to discussion at the end of the meeting. Information on all consent agenda item votes will be circulated in advance of the meeting.
Link to minutes from previous Board meeting and review action items/assigned tasks.
1. Store Coordinator Update 7:20-7:__ (__ min) Lauryl Berger-Chun (Store Coordinator)
2. Committee Reports 7:__- 8:__ (__ min)
If there is nothing to be discussed or decided put report in writing at the end of this agenda. Add discussions as needed from committees and liaisons below
- Finance (Committee chair Bianca Orlando, Liaison Jeannie)
- Merchandising: (Committee chair Sarah Chinn, Liaison Jeannie)
- Marketing & Website: (Committee chair Ray Jolicoeur, Liaison DK)
- Outreach: (Committee chair Jill Hoffman, Liaison DK)
- Membership: (Committee chair Chad Donnick, Liaison Cecile)
- Investment: (Committee chair Renee B, Liaison Cecile)
- IT: (Committee chair Misha Avrekh, Liaison Cecile)
- Governance: (Committee chair Mira De Jong, Liaison Christina LeMoine)
- Operations: (renamed from Design build/Operations) Committee chair ___, Liaison Elizabeth Agee)
- HR: (Committee chair Megan Curran, Liaison Christina LeMoine )
- Beer license
3. Committee Asks and Gives 8:__-8:__ (10 min) (Committee Chairs and Liaisons)
Committees asks for help or support / others give below:
PLACEHOLDER: Marketing is most likely going to need significant technical help during the period we move Web site platforms (in March?); it would be great if we could identify a team of individuals with the requisite skills at our disposal for that time. MAY STILL REVISE THIS with MORE INFO.
4. Lease Committee and Relocation 8:__-8:__ (__ min)
5. General Agenda 8:__-8:__ (+or-30 min) – free flowing and aspirational discussions – the state of the Co-op
New board member: we now need two new board members
Assign role to board members: president, secretary, treasurer.
PSFC liaison? (Renee B have been the liaison with PSFC for the loan committee)
Member/owners may receive work credit if they attend (allotted 1 time a year).
Switch Board Meetings to General meetings
Adjust Finances – Budget below (JEANNIE)
- Decrease spending
- Increase payroll
- Allot dedicated money for committees
- Create a capital budget
Bike Rack 8:45-8:55 (10 min) (Notetaker)
Closing 8:55-9:00 (5 min) Board reviews votes at the end of each Meeting
Reports in Writing:
Membership and Finance Report
- Monthly membership report (here)
Summary of report:
Current number of working members: ________
Number of new members and deactivated in January: __ new members,
__ reactivated member, __ trial members
Number of existing members waiting for investment returns: _________
We’ve seen roughly a ___% increase in membership since January.
New feature in place that will automatically email a member who checks in to shop with low hours. Membership is copied on the email. This started in mid-January. Membership is tracking emails to look for members who frequently shop with low hours and will follow-up with them.
Membership is working on an updated report of active members. The active/working members hasn’t been audited since the beginning of 2015. We need to figure out who in the list of active members are shopping & working and follow-up with those members who have been dormant for more than 6 months.
Membership desk has its first shift on Saturday, February 12 thanks to member Caolan Hunter. The ultimate goal is to have membership desk coverage for 1 shift every Saturday & Sunday.
- Monthly finance report – link to Profit & Loss Summary:
Summary of report: Current column to be filled out at meeting.
|Feb 1 – 21, 2017||January 2017||Feb 1 – 21, 2016|