The Greene Hill Food Co-op General Meeting
Thursday, April 26, 2012, 7:00PM-9:00PM
138 South Oxford Street (between Fulton St and Atlantic Ave)
Each attending Co-op member may participate equally in discussions, and contribute equally to the decision-making process.
NEW TO THE CO-OP? (15 minutes) 7:00PM-7:15PM
We will be holding a new members’ info session from 7:00-7:15 before the General Meeting. Have all your questions answered before we dive into the big topics at our General Meeting. Learn about the Co-op’s history, ask questions about our process and progress, and find out about our future plans.
INTRODUCTION (5 minutes) 7:15PM-7:20PM
- Meeting Orientation (1 min.) Welcome and explanation of what/who the Co-op is
- Review of previous meeting’s activities (2 min.) Approval of meeting minutes from previous meeting (please read beforehand online)
- Facilitator & Secretary Choice and/or Approval (1 min.) Facilitator will conduct meeting fairly and impartially, ensure that any meeting rules are followed, and will keep meeting to agenda. Secretary will take meeting minutes, act as timekeeper, and assist with meeting facilitation as needed. The minutes will later be available to all on the Website.
- Presentation of Main Agenda and pending agenda queue (1 min.) Main agenda is prepared by the Steering Committee, based on member submissions, and published to members in advance of meeting.
COMMITTEE REPORTS (15 minutes) 7:20-7:35PM
Committees will make brief reports with the aim of including members/potential members in our process. Classifieds: committees will describe specific tasks and ongoing projects that need member help and participation.
MAIN AGENDA (60 minutes) 7:35-8:35PM
- We’re working hard and squirreling away hours. Membership will give an update on when members can expect to be able to draw on those hours. (Nick, 10 minutes)
- Calling all mural artists! Our gorgeous new awning is up in front, and planters are in the works, but our brick wall facing Fulton could still use some love. Come share your ideas. (DK and Oona, 10 minutes)
- Membership Relief Council has two proposals: 1) disability accommodation and 2) leave pertaining to an illness (Nick, 20 minutes)
- Update on WIC (the Women, Infants, and Children program of the USDA) Learn about why the co-op can’t accept WIC vouchers right now and our commitment to revisit. (10 minutes)
- We’re forming an HR committee It’s time to start thinking about hiring a General Manager. Do you have HR expertise? Please consider joining this committee as your work shift. (Giselle, 10 minutes)
OPEN FORUM (10 minutes) 8:40PM-8:50PM
Brief comments from any member of the meeting on topics not on the Main Agenda. Items that will require more time to discuss should be submitted as future agenda items.
CLOSING (5 minutes) 8:50PM-8:55PM
Next Meeting Arrangements (5 min.)
a. Time and location of next General Meeting
b. Propose items for next meeting’s agenda by submitting items to the Steering Committee at email@example.com. Also, contact Steering Committee to be a future facilitator and secretary.